Membership & Our Model of Tiered Involvement
- Steering Committee Members – Are in the core decision-making group and meet to keep the coalition on task.
- Coalition Members – These individuals and organizations are on our membership listserv and are listed on our website.
- Supporters – Individuals and organizations who might not pursue official membership for whatever reason, but are interested in the work we do. Often they follow us through social media (Twitter, Facebook), attend our events, and/or subscribe to our monthly newsletter (click to subscribe!).
Our Steering Committee are the core people who check in with the coalition and make sure it stays on track. The co-chairs are tasked with convening meetings and spearheading the group.
- Helen McDonald, Co-Chair (Sojourner House)
- Lisa Hoopis, Co-Chair (Planned Parenthood of Southern New England)
- Carolyn Mark (RI NOW)
- Carol Cummings (Rhode Island College)
- Rosemary Reilly-Chammat (RIDE)
- Sarah DeCosta-Marsland (Elizabeth Buffum Chace Center)
- Kristen Coutoulakis (East Providence High School)
Our Coalition Partners support the work of HYRI, endorse the definition of comprehensive sexuality education, and help to advance the mission of the Coalition. Current partners include: